Naran, Kaghan Valley
Naran is a medium estimated town in upper Kaghan Valley in Mansehra District of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa region of thePakistan. It is found 119 kilometers (74 mi) from Mansehra city at the elevation of 8,202 feet (2,500 m).
Naran is a standout amongst the most grand towns in Pakistan, pulling in a huge number of vacationers, trekkers, picture takers and nature-aficionado, consistently. The Kunhar River, swollen by chilly soften, goes through this town as it winds its way through the valley.
Kunhar waterway in Naran amid the month of June as saw from PTDC motel
Naran can be considered as base station to beautiful goals like Lake Saif-ul-Malook, Lalazar Babusar, Noori Valley and Purbi Valley.
Hiking, trekking, and off-roading
Naran to Lake Saiful Muluk dusty jeep track is approximately 9 km in length with hiking tracks difficulty level ranging from easy to medium. It can be traveled by jeep in one Hour. Net elevation gain is around 700m (2300 feet).
Ansu is tear shaped high-altitude lake situated adjacent to Malika Parbat. It can be reached via 11 km trail starting at Saif-ul-Malook. This trail can be divided in two steps. a) 7 km walk from till base of Malika Parbat. b) 4 km hike up the mountain with net elevation around 1000m (3300 feet). It can be traveled by Trekking in 4-5 Hour. Lake remains accessible from early June till late November, with deteriorating weather making it difficult at start and end of season.
Lalazar is a plateau once known for beautiful wild flowers and soothing pine forests. Though recently cultivation of potato and other corps declined the natural beauty, but still enchanting view of Malika Parbat and lush meadows make it a must visit. Lalazar can be reached through a muddy jeep track of 01 hour starting from Battakundi. Some people prefer trekking over riding the jeep. One famous, moderate trek starting from Lake Saif-ul-Malook through picturesque Hans Gali ends at Lalazar.
Other Tracks (Originating/Ending in Naran Valley):-
- Balakot (Gate of Kaghan Valley)
- Noori Top
- Dudipatsar Lake (Queens of The Lakes)
- Saral Lake
- Fairy Land [Place Discovered in 2014 by Shahzada Naveed]
- Ratti-Gali Lake (Lake is in AJK)
- Sat-sar Mala Lakes (6 Lakes in One Place)
- Gattian Lake (Lake is in AJK)
- Jalkhad (Mindblowing Place)
- Lulusar Lake
- Sarkatha lake (Lake is in Kohistan) [Lake Discovered in 2013 by Shahzada Naveed]
- Sangal Lake [Lake Discovered in 2013 by Shahzada Naveed]
- Katha-sar Lake (Lake is in Kohistan)
- Ghazi Sar (Awesome Place)
- Maheen Lake (Lake is in Kohistan)
- Babusar Top (End of The Kaghan Valley)